My character (Fairy Mai), was created so I could host a party in Spring and Summer for 4-9 year olds. It is called Fairy Mai's FairyTivities. In addition to the party, i teach workshops for making FurNature and fairy wings for homeschoolers. I will keep you posted about getting ready for the event, the event itself, and pictures of it.

Monday, May 7, 2012

costume

Spent 50 bucks at the fabric store yesterday!  I used up all of the tulle making the skirt, and it's not even half done.  But it looks really shimmerific so far, and I can't wait to see how it'll look completed with the lace- up bustiere, the wings, garland and green tights!
Next I'm going to make my brother's tunic; he's going to be an autumn leaf elf (Chestnut) , and the tunic's going to look like an orange autumn leaf with yellow trim.
My friend Somer (the Summer Fairy) nearly finished her costume, which I must say looks amazing.  Her mother bought a yellow sleeping gown from the thrift store, cut it up, and sewed it back together so it looks like a daffodil, and she wears a white tutu under it.  The wings are absolutely beautiful, bright yellow with gold swirlies on it.
Little Paula ( Nadime)  is going to paint faces and lead the dancing with Chestnut.  Her gown is going to be white with a sparkling silver trim at the hem and shoulders, and she will have wings that represent a silver crescent moon. 
Finally, Fairy Iris already has her costume, a pink shirt with a sparkly lialac skirt resembling petals.  But her wings fell apart, so she will remake them with me.
Next- Making the ginormous cardboard toadstools for the Fairy Ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment